Friday, January 18, 2008

How To Look Good Naked

How To Look Good Naked. Yup, that is the name of the show. You know the one with Carson Kressly? I love that show. I love its spirit, I love the message, I love the transformation of the women on that show both inside and out and I love that the message is loud and clear if you choose to look beyond your nose and hear what it is trying to say!

YOU ARE ENOUGH.
Period.
I will say it again. YOU ARE ENOUGH!

I just read a review and I cannot even remember by whom to be honest or where, only that it was on the internet. When I went back to try and find it again, I cannot and that is making me even madder right now as I am furiously typing away. So when I calm down I will try to find it again. The review talked about how the women on the show should be encouraged to lose weight. OH FOR GOODNESS SAKE! That is NOT the point! For once, that is not the point or the message of this show.

I do not want to have one more woman come in here and apologize for her size. And by the way, I am not ONLY talking about plus size women who come into our boutique and do that. I had a size eight in here today who stopped trying on jeans because the eights did not fit in the two styles I grabbed. It was my fault and I grabbed the wrong size....."I will come back later, I will lose ten pounds, I will feel better, " she says.

Ugh.

To me, the point of this show is self acceptance. Self acceptance is the key to understanding who we are. Once we understand who we are-we can be who we are--we can then choose to truly live who we are--it is the greatest gift we can give to ourselves and those we love--to be who we are. No matter what size we are. YOU ARE ENOUGH! You are smart enough, pretty enough, thin enough, capable enough. Just live it. Don't wait to lose ten pounds, gain ten pounds, get hair colored or not colored. You are enough right now. Celebrate it. Jodell

No comments: