Friday, January 25, 2008

Denim is the New Answer to Casual Pants

Back to Denim: I was reading Women's Wear Daily Lifestyle Monitor Column yesterday and this week's column talked about how women, nearly 70% of them, prefer to wear denim jeans rather than casual slacks. That's me!! How about you???

The average number of jeans a women owns is now 9 pairs. I counted in a previous post how many jeans I had, I think since then I have added another style and color.

Please, Don't tell my husband! I just LOVE jeans!

In our quest to find the best of the best each season, I still cannot talk enough about the Svoboda Cate Jeans.

As I sit and type I am wearing the Svoboda Cate in Black. I just went out to dinner in them, paired it with a jacket and casual tee underneath and instant cool outfit. I have to twist my customers arms to try the jeans on in our store-front store. I think it is because they are not the typical style of jean, but they are oh so flattering on. The wide band minimizes and flattens the stomach and the butt, the butt looks great! Gives it curve appeal!! :)

And I also love it when important people who know a lot more than I do--agree with me!

Alison Sokolove, fashion editor for The Tobe Eports, says, "Creating the right fit for the plus-size ia a tough undertaking. Svoboda denim does it best since they already specialize in plus sizes."

So... Try the jeans!! Just try them. You have probably several other pairs of the classic style, but think a bit more dressy, a bit more tailored and you have the Cate Jean. Mention that you saw this blog and we'll include a free gift in with your purchase. It's a gift for finding the smartest pair of jeans!!

What do women really want in their jeans? Think about what you look for when buying a pair of jeans. Most of us, according to the survey that Cotton Incorporated's Lifestyle Monitor conducted recently, look at the fit, cut and length as the number one priority. Quality and durability is second and comfort is third. Is that how you would rank your priorities for jean purchases?

The Cate is a classic exanple of great fit, great quality and great comfort. I remember lying on the BED to put a pair of jeans on back in the...never mind. A number of years ago-when I was a mere child!

Designers are getting the fact that plus size women wants to look as fashionable as their smaller size counterparts. Remember, the Svoboda Cate is the first place to go for a jean that is not your average jean! Stay tuned we are on the prowl for the spring's hottest jean. We'll keep you posted! Jodell

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hi Jodell! I saw your post when I was looking for some blog posts about jeans and I thought I'd pass along that TrueJeans.com just expanded their brands to include Svoboda in the Cate style like you mentioned! They're really excited about the new plus sized venture so I'm on the lookout to spread the word. There's free shipping, returns, exchanges and a 15% off coupon since they're trying it out. Just thought I'd send it your way!

- Lesley